.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

We got Permission to Wear the Cav Patch (Again)
We received a letter from the brigade commander authorizing its wear. And then, four days later, we were told to take it off again. Some Soldiers said that they will not take theirs off – damn the consequences - they have a letter that says they can wear it, so they are going to wear it.

I think they are asking for trouble. Rule number one in the Army is that you have to follow orders. I had an E7 with his hands in his pockets tell me to put up the ear flaps on my cap. It didn’t matter that AR 670-1 prohibited him from having his hands in his pockets and allowed me to have my earflaps down (in cold weather – at my discretion). I’m not going to challenge it because I’ll get a hard time about something else. The best policy is to go along to get along. I detest it as a freeman; but as long as I’m not one, I must do as I’m told.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?