.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I am still anticipating [an] entry about Rummy and "the army you've got"
The administration, with the backing of congress, asked the Department of Defense to go to war against the regime in Iraq and it did so with the Army it had. I don't think it would have been reasonable for the Pentagon to say that they didn’t have enough up armored humvees to go to war. Even so, based on the intelligence we had - and it was flawed – there was little reason to think that we’d be involved in a guerilla war in which up armored vehicles have become so important.

Since 9/11, I’ve read many of the transcripts of Secretary Rumsfeld’s press conferences and interviews and I think he’s doing a good job. He has been pretty consistent on an approach once policy comes down from the White House. As I mentioned before, I think we’ve tried to finesse too much, but that’s what happens when politics is involved.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?